The Masters Program in PSE-Research is thesis-based. Normally, this program is taken over two academic years, with the maximum time allowed to complete the program being four years.
Effective Fall 2014, students must complete 18 course credits, 15 of which are required course credits, and 3 of which are elective course credits. In addition students must complete and defend a thesis. Students may be required to take additional courses as determined by their academic supervisor. For example, students who have insufficient preparation to take EDPY 505, may be required to take EDPY 500 Introduction to Data Analysis in Educational Research as an additional course.
Required Core Courses 15
- EDPY 501 (3) Introduction to Methods of Educational Research
- EDPY 503 (3) Qualitative Methods in Educational Research
- EDPY 505 (3) Quantitative Methods I
- EDPY 510 (3) Learning, Cognition, and Education
- EDPY 517 (3) Child/Adolescent Development: Theories and Issues
Elective Course Credits 3
Students will choose their elective course with the advice of and subject to the approval of their academic advisor. Students are encouraged to consult the University Calendar for courses in other departments of the Faculty of Education and the university that might be appropriate to their program goals.